What Is the Best 1 Oz Gold Coin to Buy?
Friday, February 23rd 2024
Gold coins offer an alternative method for diversifying your portfolio in an effective and tangible manner. Not only are gold coins packed with precious metal content, but they also often possess historical, numismatic, or aesthetic charm that adds significant value beyond market price of gold. With various options available and considerations such as liquidity, coin design, historic relevance and personal preferences being taken into account when selecting an investment coin – this post explores which 1 oz gold coins might make the cut!
The Popularity and Value of Gold Coins
Gold has long been considered an extremely precious and valued metal due to its scarcity, beauty, and resistance against corrosion and tarnish. Gold’s importance in human culture can be seen through historical events ranging from Ancient Egyptian civilization’s reverence for gold right up through the California Gold Rush (1) of the 19th century.
Gold coins offer investors an exciting way to invest in this precious metal, providing both history and artwork while representing tangible assets worth its weight in gold. Furthermore, investing in coins may serve as an insurance against inflationary risk as their prices often move independently from stocks and bonds.
What Makes Gold Coins Good Investment Options?
Gold coins offer many attractive characteristics for investment purposes. This includes the weight and purity of each coin as well as their rarity, demand among collectors, mint reputation, and their overall market price:
- Weight and purity: Gold coins come in various sizes and their weight is expressed in troy ounces; investors most frequently invest in 1 oz gold coins. Furthermore, purity can range anywhere between 22-karat (about 91.67% pure) to 24-karat (99.99% pure).
- Rarity and demand: Collectors often seek rare coins, driving up their value significantly. Additionally, demand for specific designs, themes, or mints can alter its price significantly.
- Reputation of mints: Reputable mints have long set standards of quality and consistency that contribute to trustworthiness and demand for their gold coins.
Top Contenders for Best 1-oz Gold Coin
Here, we will examine several 1 oz gold coins which are highly prized among investors:
- American Gold Eagle: Since it first emerged on the scene in 1986, the American Gold Eagle has quickly become one of the world’s most widely traded gold coins. Backed by the U.S. government and made from exactly 1 oz of pure gold (although its weight differs due to a small addition of copper for durability reasons), its design features Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full-length figure of Lady Liberty on one side with an eagle carrying an olive branch flying above a nest containing a female eagle and her hatchlings on another.
- Canadian Gold Maple Leaf: Launched by the Royal Canadian Mint in 1979, the Canadian Gold Maple Leaf coin became the world’s first 99.99% pure gold coin to be produced as an investment coin worldwide. Featuring Canada’s national symbol – maple leaves – on one side and Queen Elizabeth II (2) on the other, its design draws international interest as an investment coin of such high purity backed by their government. It quickly gained widespread demand.
- South African Krugerrand: The Krugerrand was designed from its inception to contain exactly one ounce of fine gold, providing an effective vehicle for private ownership of this metal. First released by South African Mint in 1967 and made of 22-karat gold with copper content giving its characteristic orange appearance, its design features Paul Kruger as South Africa’s only president on one side and an image of an African springbok as its national symbol on its reverse face.
Other Notable 1 Ounce Gold Coins for Purchase
Other 1 oz gold coins worth considering for investment purposes include the Australian Gold Kangaroo, Austrian Philharmonic, British Britannia and Chinese Panda coins – each offering distinct designs that may appeal to investors of different backgrounds.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo: The Australian Gold Kangaroo coin from Perth Mint features an image of a kangaroo on its reverse, with Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse side, providing it an increasingly collectible appeal. Each year it changes design thus increasing collector value.
- Austrian Gold Philharmonic: The Austrian Gold Philharmonic from the Austrian Mint honors Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra with beautifully detailed instruments on one side and depictions of Vienna’s Golden Hall from Musikverein on the other. It also commemorates their Great Organ.
- British Gold Britannia: The Royal Mint’s British Gold Britannia coin showcases Britannia – the female personification of Britain – on its reverse, while Queen Elizabeth II can be found portrayed on its obverse. Since 2013, these coins have been struck in 24-carat fineness .9999 gold for optimal production quality.
- Chinese Gold Panda: The Chinese Gold Panda coin issued by the People’s Republic of China exudes special appeal due to its annual design changes depicting various panda poses.
Choosing the Right Gold Coin for You
As you consider which 1 oz gold coin to purchase, keep in mind your investment objectives, your interest in its design or historical significance and liquidity of each option.
Coins such as the American Gold Eagle and Canadian Maple Leaf, which are widely recognized and highly liquid, make excellent investments for investors looking for ease of buying and selling. Also popular is South African Krugerrand which, although less pure in gold content than others, stands out due to its affordability and longstanding standing reputation among investors.
Consideration of aesthetic and numismatic worth is equally important. They are striking with their designs and attractive pricing structures, Australian Gold Kangaroo and Chinese Gold Panda coins offer an ideal blend of potential for investment and collector value.
Selecting an optimal 1 oz gold coin to purchase depends heavily on your personal preferences and investment objectives. By considering all the factors outlined herein, it should enable you to make an informed decision that aligns with these.
Are you ready to include gold in your retirement savings portfolio?
It is now the perfect time to secure your retirement savings prior to the markets get worse andbecome even more unpredictable in the future. As a result, it is crucial to set up a gold-secured individual retirement account and transfer part of your wealth into gold that is suitable for IRAs before it’s late. If you’re interested, take a look at the top firms below
Learn more about: Hartford Gold Group reviews
Learn more about: Augusta Precious Metals promotion
Learn more about: Goldco silver coins
Learn more about: Advantage Gold promotion
Learn more about: Birch Gold Group silver
Learn more about: Noble Gold lawsuits
Learn more about: Rosland Capital free silver
Learn more about: Lear Capital
Learn more about: Patriot Gold Group review
Learn more about: Oxford Gold Group
Learn more about: Regal Assets bbb
Table of Contents