Patriot Gold Group vs Oxford Gold Group
Monday, March 4th 2024
The precious metals market has grown increasingly popular as investors look for diversification, hedge against inflation and protect their wealth through precious metal investments. Patriot Gold Group and Oxford Gold Group have emerged as two industry players offering services related to bullion sales as well as precious metal IRAs – here we compare both companies, looking at their histories, services offered fees paid reputation reviews customer feedback from both entities – giving an in-depth comparison between each organization so you can identify one which may better meet your investment needs.
History and Background
Patriot Gold Group: The company was established in 1986 and boasts 35+ years of experience in the precious metals industry. Their staff features professionals with expertise across finance, commodities, and precious metals investments; led by CEO Jack Hanney who leads their customer service department whose primary mission is providing exceptional customer experience while helping clients build wealth through investing.
Oxford Gold Group: The company was launched in 2017 as a relatively new player in the market. Since its creation, though, Oxford Gold Group has made significant strides thanks to a team of experienced professionals from major precious metals firms that had worked previously together. Their founders Collin Plume and Bill Staley both possess vast expertise within financial industries; therefore, they aim to establish an organization offering personalized client support.
Services and Offerings
Patriot Gold Group
- Gold and Silver Bullion Products: American Gold Eagles (1) and Canadian Maple Leaf (2) are just two products they provide as part of a wide array of gold and silver bullion offerings, while various sizes of bars in gold or silver make up another selection available through them.
- Precious Metals IRAs: Clients can open self-directed IRAs that invest in physical gold, silver, platinum, and palladium stored safely within IRS approved depositories.
- Buyback Program: Patriot Gold Group offers clients looking to sell their assets an effortless experience from purchasing through to selling. Their Buyback Program helps clients safely liquidate their investments with little disruption from purchase through selling.
Oxford Gold Group
- Gold and Silver Bullion: They specialize in American Gold Eagles and Canadian Maple Leaves coins as well as bars from acclaimed mints – offering American Eagles for American customers and European Maple Leaves to Canadian customers alike.
- Precious Metals IRAs: Oxford Gold Group provides clients with self-directed IRAs for investing in physical precious metals through secure storage at IRS approved depositories, like Patriot Gold Group.
- Direct Delivery: They offer direct delivery of purchased precious metals right to a client’s home or designated location, saving time and hassles in transporting.
- Portfolio Diversification: Oxford Gold Group’s team of specialists collaborates closely with clients to customize a precious metals portfolio according to each person’s financial goals and risk preferences.
Costs and Fees
Patriot Gold Group: The company charges fees and costs depending on which services clients select from among its offerings. For precious metal IRAs, Patriot charges a one-time set-up fee of $50 as well as annual maintenance of $175; storage fees depend on both asset value and depository chosen, starting from $100 annually; however, they claim competitive pricing on gold and silver bullion purchases with specific pricing dependent upon product purchased.
Oxford Gold Group: The company charges fees that depend on which services are chosen, with precious metal IRA setup costs of $50, an annual maintenance fee of $80 and storage fees beginning at $100 annually (storage charges can also vary based on asset value and depository). When it comes to gold and silver bullion purchases, Oxford Gold Group provides competitive pricing; pricing varies based on which specific items purchased.
Reputation and Customer Reviews
Patriot Gold Group: The company has built an impeccable track record in the precious metals industry, receiving an A+ rating from Better Business Bureau (BBB) and boasting 500 customer reviews on Trustpilot with 5-star ratings for over 500 reviews from satisfied clients who frequently praise Patriot for its knowledgeable staff, exceptional customer service and affordable pricing.
Negative reviews often reference aggressive sales tactics and pressure to purchase specific products, although individual experiences will differ and some of these negative reviews could simply represent isolated incidents.
Oxford Gold Group: Although still relatively young, Oxford Gold Group has already garnered an excellent reputation. They currently enjoy an A+ rating from Better Business Bureau (BBB) and boast over 200 customer reviews on Trustpilot with an overall 4.9 star score; many clients regularly praise Oxford Gold Group’s responsive customer service, competitive prices and personalized approach to providing services.
Reviews that are negative usually focus on delivery delays and communication issues. It’s crucial to remember that people’s experiences vary and that some negative reviews aren’t representative of the entire company.
Both Patriot Gold Group and Oxford Gold Group provide comprehensive services within the precious metals industry, making them top picks for investors looking to diversify their portfolio or invest in physical gold and silver. Although Patriot Gold Group boasts more customer reviews and has been around longer, Oxford Gold Group has rapidly established themselves within this competitive space.
Your choice between these firms ultimately rests upon your personal preferences and investment goals, so conduct extensive research, reading customer reviews and comparing fees/services of both before making your choice. Remember that investing in precious metals involves inherent risks; always consult a financial advisor prior to making investment decisions.
Are you ready to take control?
Everyone desires peace of mind, regardless of their retirement goals. If you are interested in adding gold and silver to your retirement portfolio, you can do so by establishing a self-directed IRA. These types of accounts permit you to build your retirement portfolio that increases in value on a tax-advantaged basis. As with any investment instrument be sure to do your research. To learn more, take a look at our gold IRA brokers reviews for the “top firms within the US below.
Learn more about: American Hartford Gold Group promotion
Learn more about: Augusta Precious Metals reviews
Learn more about: Goldco fees
Learn more about: Advantage Gold account
Learn more about: Birch Gold Group reviews
Learn more about: Noble Gold review
Learn more about: Rosland Capital promo
Learn more about: Lear Capital
Learn more about: Regal Assets
Table of Contents