Goldco vs Advantage Gold
Friday, February 23rd 2024
As beginners or experienced investors alike can attest, investing in precious metals can be daunting and complex. With more and more people turning to self-directed IRAs backed by precious metals for guidance and support from companies like Goldco and Advantage Gold for guidance, however, finding one suitable to their individual needs may prove a difficult feat.
In this article, we’ll compare Goldco and Advantage Gold as leading players in the precious metals IRA industry. We will go into depth regarding each company’s background, product offerings, fees, customer service reputation and overall approach so you can make an informed decision regarding which provider may best meet your precious metals investing needs. By the time this article concludes, you should have an enhanced knowledge of both companies as well as a clear understanding of any differences and similarities that might help when choosing an ideal partner for your investment needs.
Goldco: Also known as Goldco Precious Metals, was established by Trevor Gerszt and quickly rose to become one of the leading precious metal IRA providers in America. They specialize in helping clients diversify their retirement portfolio through investments in gold, silver and other precious metals like platinum and palladium (1); providing educational resources, customer service excellence and providing seamless experiences for clients.
Advantage Gold: The company was established by Kirill Zagalsky and Adam Baratta, two veteran industry figures with extensive expertise in precious metals trading. Based in Los Angeles, California, Advantage Gold takes great pride in informing investors of the benefits of including precious metals in their portfolios and offers everything from precious metal IRA rollovers to direct purchases of physical gold and silver purchases. Their mission being empowering investors with knowledge to take control of their financial futures and make informed decisions for themselves.
Products and Services
Goldco offers investors looking to add precious metals to their retirement portfolios an extensive suite of services, which may include:
- Gold and silver IRAs: Goldco specializes in offering self-directed IRAs backed by gold and silver coins and bars approved for investment by the Internal Revenue Service, making this investment option available to clients looking for self-direction solutions.
- Platinum and palladium IRAs: For those seeking further diversification, Goldco offers self-directed IRAs backed by platinum and palladium as a form of additional diversification.
- Direct purchases: Goldco offers direct purchases to investors interested in owning physical gold and silver, with coins and bars available directly for purchase from our dealers.
- Educational resources: Goldco offers its clients access to an abundance of educational materials – guides, articles, and webinars. Designed to aid them in making more informed decisions regarding their investments.
Advantage Gold provides investors with various services related to precious metal investments. These services include:
- Coins: Advantage Gold helps clients establish Gold and Silver IRAs backed by gold and silver investments with ease, offering IRS-approved coins and bars for investment purposes.
- Direct purchases: Investors can purchase physical gold and silver coins and bars directly from Advantage Gold.
- Educational resources: At Advantage Gold, our focus on investor education means offering access to various materials like guides, articles, videos and webinars.
Fees and Pricing
Goldco is known for their competitive pricing structure. Fees associated with setting up a precious metals IRA include:
- a $50 one-time account setup fee must be paid when opening an account.
- An annual maintenance fee of $80 applies.
- An annual storage fee is applicable when segregated storage is chosen; $150 applies when fully segregated storage is selected.
Goldco also provides an “irregular fee structure”, where annual maintenance and storage fees vary based on the value of an account, meaning as more money enters an investment the fees increase proportionately. This may prove advantageous for smaller accounts but costly for those holding larger investments. Goldco frequently runs promotions which waive first year fees for new clients so it would be prudent to check beforehand for discounts before opening an account with them.
Advantage Gold‘s fee structure is similar to Goldco’s with some notable differences; Advantage Gold charges for setting up precious metals IRAs as follows.
- An initial account set-up fee of $50 applies as one-time setup charges for new accounts.
- An annual maintenance fee of $75.00.
- Annual storage fees start from $100 for segregated storage facilities or $150 for fully segregated ones.
Like Goldco, Advantage Gold offers a scaled fee structure based on account value. Furthermore, Advantage Gold offers promotional offers such as waiving first year fees for new clients – so make sure to inquire about discounts when opening an account!
Goldco: The company is known for providing exceptional customer service. Each client receives their own dedicated account executive who assists in every stage of setting up an account to locate precious metal investments for their portfolio – all under a personalized approach with advice available via phone, email and live chat to answer any queries that arise about investments made with Goldco. Additionally, its customer support team is on standby 24-7 should any concerns or queries arise that need attention immediately.
Advantage Gold: They have long been known for their exceptional customer service. Clients are provided with their own dedicated account executive who assists throughout every step of opening an account to select precious metals to add to their portfolio. Advantage Gold’s customer support team are available via phone, email and live chat should any issues or inquiries arise; their expertise ensures all questions or issues can be quickly and professionally resolved by Advantage Gold’s knowledgeable customer support staff.
Goldco: It has established itself as an unwaveringly trustworthy and reputable firm within the precious metals industry. Accreditation by Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating and membership to Business Consumer Alliance with AAA status have secured their company accreditations, along with positive customer reviews of professionalism, customer service excellence and educational resources available through Goldco.
Advantage Gold: It has developed an excellent track record within the industry of precious metals. It is accredited through the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating and BCA (Broward Coin Association) with AAA status. Advantage Gold has received numerous favorable reviews from clients that acknowledge its educational resources professionalism and dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
Both Goldco and Advantage Gold are highly respected companies within the precious metals IRA industry, offering comprehensive services, competitive fees, and exceptional customer care. While both offer similar offerings and services, each has unique offerings which may sway your decision when selecting between them.
Goldco may offer the ideal investment options for investors seeking to diversify beyond gold and silver; their platinum, palladium and precious metal IRAs supplement gold and silver offerings. Advantage Gold may provide superior educational resources; with its vast library of materials designed to assist in making informed choices regarding investments.
At the core, selecting either Goldco or Advantage Gold will depend on your specific needs and preferences. By carefully considering all the aspects discussed herein, you can make an informed choice as to who provides the ideal platform for precious metal investments.
Are you ready to take action today?
This is the perfect time to acquire some gold to hedge the funds of your retirement account. Gold is a good investment for an IRA! Check out our list of the best IRA gold companies – many of which are currently waiving fees for the first year for new clients.
Learn more about: Hartford Gold complaints
Learn more about: Augusta Precious Metals coupon code
Learn more about: Birch Gold Group gold and silver
Learn more about: Noble Gold reviews
Learn more about: Rosland Gold bullion
Learn more about: Lear Capital reviews
Learn more about: Patriot Gold complaints
Learn more about: Oxford Gold Group
Learn more about: Regal Assets trust pilot
Table of Contents